Pages

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Kasteelberg Inn and Bistro


For quite a few blogspots I have been looking at eateries. But of course, Riebeek Kasteel is very much associated with good dining. Here at the Kasteelberg Inn, I am always impressed by the Frenchlike informality of checked table cloths and a few fresh flowers just plugged into little pots. And what makes it extra nice is the pristine white linen serviettes and some good glasses on the table, not only for wine but also for water. We have heard it whispered that a French cook was doing the cooking. The menu changes all the time, but I will not easily forget my first course consisting of a little trio of chilled soups!


We art bloggers are on a roll, and I meet new people through art blogging every day. Two main things motivate us all: to paint on a daily basis, fitting it in between the scores of things we have to do, and secondly, to always look out for new challenges. Maybe that will explain why I had to put the flowers behind the glass!

1 comment:

  1. Well said Marie, and I echo all your sentiments - meeting all the wonderful people is one of the big bonuses of blogging and extremely inspirational. And what I enjoy, besides the new challenges, is all the new ideas that are constantly flowing in!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments, they make my day!