Pages

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Impressionistic Exercise in Art

"Lilac Brollies" by artist Marie Theron
405mm x 305mm oil on canvas board
SOLD

I quite liked an earlier painting that I did in 2011, called "Busy Lizzies". On seeing a photo of figures in movement that I would love to paint, I immediately reverted back to that cool fresh style of painting. The new one is simply called "Lilac Brollies" to rhyme with the earlier name. To crown it all, the owner of the first painting, wants to buy the new painting as well.

"Busy Lizzies" (2011) by artist Marie Theron
405mm x 305 mm oil on board
SOLD

The freshness of the Great Masters of Impressionist painting, will always be appealing, and I decided to add some "wiki" images of Monet's umbrella ladies to this post for everyone to enjoy again and again!
MONET

MONET


MONET

MONET





6 comments:

  1. Beautiful paintings, Marie! You did a wonderful job on them and love the Monet's...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Hilda! Oh those Monets....I really want to try the style, so difficult!!! My right-hand girl, maybe alone against a sky? The world offers so many ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I can sure see why your collector wanted this second painting to go along with the first (and quite honestly, I'd love them both myself!). Thank you for posting the Monets. I do not get enough chance or time to study more of the Masters' works.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sherry, the Monets give my heart a twist....it is something to strive for and very delightful!

      Delete
  4. Hi Marie, am finally visiting again and great to see your work. I will be up your way at the end of Oct - hopefully it will have warmed up by then!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Liz, there will be "en plein air" all-day painting with lunch at my home on October 5. It is organised by Vindigo. Would you like me to send you details?

      Delete

I love your comments, they make my day!