Pages

Sunday, July 6, 2014

The West Coast and I


Ten years ago we moved to the West Coast to live close to the ocean. How close? Friends who have seen photos of my home, will know! The photos in this post were taken 80  meters from where I live by friend and photographer Mary Ann Bosch, who absolutely loves the West Coast too. 

In May last year, I lost my husband and  although I bravely declared that I would remain here forever, I slowly started to identify my new role. So I am making a shift to warm Natal where we have lived before, and where my twin granddaughters are.   I will not make any move in haste. I was never a person to be hurried along, but yes, I am gradually taking leave and getting new plans together. I keep a wide space in my heart for the West Coast and for the lovely memories we have collected.





.


12 comments:

  1. I thought I saw something on FB that your place is for sale Marie. The end of an era always has some sadness but luckily, with change, there is something new to look forward to. I wish you all the luck in the world with your new adventure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your words, Maree! I am glad that some things are stable, like the social media and blogging community. Yes, my house is on the market.

      Delete
  2. Blessing on your transition, Marie. I'm certain your family and friends will enjoy making new memories with you near.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jill, I find that I cannot always see far ahead, but doors open and behind them are other doors.

      Delete
  3. I hope you will continue to blog from Natal. But I'm sure you will. Paint. And blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Diana, I will always find a lspot in which to paint!

      Delete
  4. I think these are life events and stages many of us look to with dread Marie, it is inspiring to me to see the grace and positivity with which you are facing them. I wish you much happiness with your move, whenever it is - I'm sure being near your grandchildren will make it so... and all the while painting up a storm... I'm loving your rabbit with wallpaper series!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your very kind words, Cathy. The rabbits will continue, I'm sure!

      Delete
  5. You are so wise to move slowly and thoughtfully. Loss and the pain associated with it never goes away, but being close to family does help.

    I wish you well. Hope to drop by again soon. I've been remiss about commenting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Marian. As everything changes, at least art is the one constant. From my large studio to an outdoor space surrounded by dogs and weather, I still work with the same peace in my heart.

      Delete
  6. Marie, life is a journey we must all travel. I have marveled at your ability to carry on the past year, It must be difficult to leave, but I believe it is a positive move with new and wonderful experiences in the future. Grandchildren are a gift from God.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Carol. I try to do the thing that I am called to do at a specific moment! Thank you for the lovely words!

      Delete

I love your comments, they make my day!