Pages

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

William Morris Inspiration

When I started sketching and experimenting, the outcome I liked best was the black and white rabbits with William Morris backgrounds. I have developed the idea into coloured paintings, they are quite delightful and I have sold 5 out of the first 6, with extra orders for duplicates.

I use card and first hand-copy the William Morris wallpaper design onto it, using Designer's Gouache paint and a small brush. This type of paint dries smoothly.

The next step is decorating and enhancing the painted shapes with white and black ink markers. I can do this step while sitting up in bed!

The rabbit is then painted in water-soluble oil paint. I give it a week to dry and then have a mount put around it. Contact me by e-mail if you want to order my William Morris rabbits. I will show more designs next time.

Blue Acanthus Rabbit   The original shown here has been sold,
 but I make duplicates, and no two will ever be exactly the same.
R500 plus R50 p&p  OR  $50 plus $10 p& p

Rabbits breeding in my studio!

"Lola in the Brambles"   The original shown here has been sold,
 but I make duplicates, and no two will ever be exactly the same.
R500 plus R50 p&p   OR  $50 plus $10 p& p

The person who bought this image sent me the photo where it sits on a shelf of Blue Delft ware
 so I have named it the Blue Delft Rabbit.  The original shown here has been sold,
 but I make duplicates, and no two will ever be exactly the same.
R500 plus R50 p&p  OR  $50 plus $10 p&p
All images are mounted for presentation and safety
while being shipped. 
You just add glass and a frame.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments, they make my day!