This is my hundredth post. I have not completed a painting as I am working on a commission and the sketches took some planning. One of them will be finished for the next blog. They are all about the people of the West Coast and what they do. I think I will call the set: Folks and Fish
I love art blogging! Art blogging is Tops! In no other way would one be so committed to paint year in, year out and that without a sense of rushing. (One or two exhibitions a year make up for the rushing part!) My nicest surprises as a new art blogger were when I featured on other art or travel blogs.
- South African Blog of 2009 winner PORTFOLIO gave me a short feature in November: Marie Theron-Documenting the Real West Coast in Paint and Words .
- This was followed by another article on PORTFOLIO in December: 10 Questions for West Coast Artist Marie Theron .
- Marie Theron-West Coast Artist appeared on Bokkom.
- In the beginning of 2010 Katherine Tyrrell started 'The Art of The Landscape' and bloggers were challenged to analyse their own paintings. I liked the idea and wrote: The Wheatfield and Why it was Successful. Katherine, a top 5 blogger in the UK placed me in an article: Self-Critique Marie Theron.
- What a lovely surprise it was when 'Art with Liz' made special mention of my work on the West Coast in her post Bergriver, Velddrif.
- Friendly Liz visited me at home in April where we shared sherry and a fire and chatted up a storm. Afterwards she wrote: Velddrif in April. I featured in many of the comments from her friends too! Bloggers are so kind!
- Paying my regular online visit to "Postcards from the Hammer", Catherine Jeffrey's blog, I was very thrilled to find my name in the post Yonge Street Patterns 2, Toronto, Ontario., where Catherine expressed appreciation for my critiques of her work.
My husband once teased me that bloggers give each other a warm feeling! Exactly!