Pages

Saturday, January 19, 2019

Life moves on

This blog has followed my life...in a way.
 
First, I was happily settled on the West Coast of the Cape. I toured the area, made paintings and blogged about them since 2009.
 
We say things change, but it is not only "things" that change. After I lost my husband in 2013 "I"  changed! I could not get myself  to visit our favourite places. I re-invented my art and changed to the themes of flowers and rabbits. My youngest daughter was ill and I spent many months visiting in Durban, which was where I got to know my lovely granddaughters well, and met with those cute rabbits.
 
I attempted a few blog posts. You will see that the last one was in December 2016. Two years of total standstill followed that post....the reason was that I lost my beloved youngest daughter early in 2017. Friends, I am fine! Thank you for sharing your tears and prayers with us. This hurt is not something that goes away but I have made new plans, the only right plans!
 
I sold that large rambling house. It was "adopted" by wonderful owners! I bought a small unit in a retirement centre close to my grandchildren, where I can see them often and can also give them the best art tuition possible.
 
Of course, I do not have a studio now, and larger painting assignments are "out".That will not stop me from doing watercolours and teaching watercolours. I want to teach you too and shall design some courses.
 
Let me just post some of my watercolour works first, and in the next post I will announce some learning experiences you may want to attend.
 
Being from Tropical Durban, hibiscus flowers are my signature flower.
We are surrounded by many types, large, small and double

Painted recently to instruct a student. I love white lilies,
 which fits so well into the blue/white colour scheme I now live with.

Mixed flowers, an old favourite...
I love doodling posies on cards too

Evergreen popular protea, a nod to the area
of the Cape which I have left behind.

A very fast self-portrait in watercolour

More hibiscus

 
 
Anyone for watercolour classes? Let m know!
 
To see how the children's art classes are going, click on this link and while you are there, how shall I change the overwhelming blue pages? Your advice, please!

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments, they make my day!